Monday, July 22, 2013

Telling the Parents

After Joe proposed, I was so excited to tell my parents!  I started to call them, but since we live in the same town, and our houses are really only a few minutes away from each other, we instead decided to pop in and tell them ourselves.  So, we hopped in the car, and headed over there.  However, we were so excited, we actually got there before my dad got home.  Rather than just tell my mom right then and there, we acted as if we were just stopping by to say hi and hang out for a little while.

It was so hard to keep the news in, but I think we did pretty well, and apparently I did a good job of not playing with my ring too much, because my mom was still surprised once my dad got home, and I finally got to show her the ring!

First picture as an engaged couple!

They were so excited for us, and both had tears in their eyes - sorry for spilling the beans, Dad!  I'm so glad we went over there, and were able to experience their reaction to our engagement with them, especially since that's when I found out another amazing detail about our engagement.

Joe proposed on Wednesday, July 17, 2013, but he'd had the ring for sure by the Fourth of July.  On July 5th, he was helping my dad with some computer work, and he actually asked my dad's permission to marry me!  To be quite honest, I really didn't think that he'd do something like that, but I'm so glad he did!  I've really got a keeper, here. ;)

My dad of course said yes, and Joe showed him the ring then, but my mom didn't get to see it until we showed her together.  They figured I'd want to be the first to show her, and they were right!

The picture above was taken just before we left my parents' house to go over and tell my grandparents, who also live in the same town, and even though it's a little blurry, I absolutely love it.  We both look so happy, and if you've seen my 50 Random Facts About Me video, I mentioned that when I get really, really excited, I may not always show it, but I get clumsy, and do things like fall off chairs.  Well, that chair right behind me?  I fell off it right before this picture was taken.

Yep.  Definitely in love here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment