Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How Overwhelming!

I am really quite the girly girl, so I imagine it will come as a bit of a surprise to some of you when I say that I really hadn't put very much thought into my wedding at all before I got engaged.  Sure, I've dreamt about it a little, but never really narrowed anything down - at all.  As in, I haven't decided on time of year, colors, venues, anything.

So much to think about!

So, needless to say, when my mom took me out shopping for the first time this past weekend, I was in a tizzy, and completely and utterly overwhelmed.  And we were just looking at dresses.  Not even trying anything on.  Looking.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am enjoying every moment of my engagement, and I absolutely love planning and organizing in general.  So, I know I'm going to love planning this wedding.  It'll just take a little brainstorming from Joe and I (and probably also our friends and family) to really get this show on the road!  
As for right now, I think we have actually made a couple decisions!  We already know who we'd like our photographer to be, we have a rough idea of who we want in the wedding party, and we may even have an officiant picked out!  We just have to set a date to see if they're available.  As for the date, (which we've been asked countless times!) we've narrowed it down to next Spring.  I guess you'll just have to keep reading to see what date we decide upon!

No comments:

Post a Comment