Friday, October 25, 2013

Bridesmaid Bouquets

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll already know that last week I actually made up my bridesmaid bouquets!  If not, I'm sure you're wondering, why did you make up your bridesmaid bouquets?  Aren't you getting married next year like your last post said?


Well, yes, but I'm using fake flowers.  My main reason for this decision was that I've been to a number of weddings where the wedding party is scrambling right before the ceremony because real flowers start losing petals, or a bride and her maids have to stay up late into the night trying to arrange their own bouquets, etc.  I really just didn't want to bother with all of that.  I also figured we might as well get them done sooner rather than later, to alleviate some of that stress.


First step was obviously to choose the flowers I was going to be using.  Above is a picture of most of the flowers I ended up using, except there are some feather flowers on the left that we didn't use for the bridesmaid bouquets, and some grey feathers on the right that we did use.  I got all of these from Crafts Direct, which is basically a really, really big Michael's craft store.  I'm not really very good at naming flowers, so I figured I'd just show them to you, rather than try and name them off!


Then, we just bundled them up together, they looked amazing, and that was it!  Just kidding.  We actually did kind of follow a guideline.  While we were at Craft's Direct, a very nice girl that was working there explained that for the most part, the way you build a bridesmaid bouquet is by choosing a main flower (the grey feather and eucalyptus) and build around that.  So, the next flower we added were the green (Celebration Roses?) flowers, followed by the reddish purple roses, then the little pink balls of flower, and finally the purple firework flowers.  See?  Aren't I amazing with flower names?


Personally, I absolutely love the way they turned out, and I couldn't be more excited about them!  I hope everyone else will like them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment